Learning Mode: Blended Learning
- Advance Clinical Retina, related investigation and low vision ¢ Advance Clinical Glaucoma related investigation and low vision ¢ Advance Pediatric, Binocular Vision and Vision Therapy
- Advance Applied Optics and Spectacle Dispensing
- Advance Cornea and Contact Lens
- Ocular Prosthesis and Oculoplasty
- Myopia control, refractive surgery and pediatric refraction
Course Level: Master’s Degree
Course Duration: 3 years (2+1)
Eligibility: Bachelor of Optometry from recognized University plus 3 years clinical experience
Dedicated 1 year time for research learning & execution
There is no doubt that the demand of Optometry is huge in the country. The profession not only gives immense opportunities of employment but also gives student a chance of self-employment too.
There are many career options available to Optometry graduates which depends on the academics and abilities to perform skills.
- Independent Optometric Clinic with Optical outlet.
- Practice in eye institutions/hospitals as every eye institution has an optometrist apart from ophthalmologists as their consultant.
- Shortage of the Optometrist in government primary health centers
- A rewarding career in corporates in eye care industry such as contact lenses, ophthalmic lenses etc.
- Excellent job opportunities both in India as well as overseas.
- Further education leading to post-graduation, teaching and research in various fields of eye- care.
- Follows the Ministry of Health and Family welfare recommended curriculum for Optometry. ¢ Teaching pedagogy is based on international standards.
- Exemplary faculty.
- Unique campus clinics as center of excellence in Vision Sciences.
- The curriculum will have clinical exposure for the students in the best of eye hospitals. e Encouraging research in optometry.
- No tuition fees in the internship.
- Extensive Lectures, tutorial s and seminars.
- Case based and evidence based teaching.
- Hospital Visits & Clinical Postings in SVCC (center of excellence).
- Community screenings (health camps).
- Practical approach to problem based learning.
- Interaction with leading eye care industry.