ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Optometry is a branch of allied health science which deals with eye and vision which involves examining, diagnosing, managing and treating eye conditions which includes binocular vision conditions, low vision, refractive errors and diseases of the eyes also prescribing spectacles, contact lenses, and other visual aids.
Masters of Optometry is a post graduate degree in Optometry & Vision Science. Its enrolled
candidate will be exposed to various higher specialization of Optometry such as Advanced Contact Lens, Low Vision and visual rehabilitation, Binocular Vision and vision therapy, ocular diagnostics, Sports Vision and occupational optometry. It also exposes the candidate to research and innovation in vision science.
Master of Optometry
Duration: 2 Years
Bachelor of Optometry from a recognized University. It is a full time course.
It is a Master Degree.
There is no doubt that the demand of Optometry is huge in the country. The profession not only gives immense opportunities of employment but also gives student a chance of self-employment too.
There are many career options available to Optometry graduates which depends on the academics and abilities to perform skills.
- Independent Optometric Clinic with Optical outlet.
- Practice in eye institutions/hospitals as every eye institution has an optometrist apart from ophthalmologists as their consultant.
- Shortage of the Optometrist in government primary health centers
- A rewarding career in corporates in eye care industry such as contact lenses, ophthalmic lenses etc.
- Excellent job opportunities both in India as well as overseas.
- Further education leading to post-graduation, teaching and research in various fields of eye- care.
- Follows the Ministry of Health and Family welfare recommended curriculum for Optometry. ¢ Teaching pedagogy is based on international standards.
- Exemplary faculty.
- Unique campus clinics as center of excellence in Vision Sciences.
- The curriculum will have clinical exposure for the students in the best of eye hospitals. e Encouraging research in optometry.
- No tuition fees in the internship.
- Extensive Lectures, tutorial s and seminars.
- Case based and evidence based teaching.
- Hospital Visits & Clinical Postings in SVCC (center of excellence).
- Community screenings (health camps).
- Practical approach to problem based learning.
- Interaction with leading eye care industry.